Behaviour – (Extracts from State Examination Rules)
- During the exam, a candidate shall not:
- Use, or attempt to use, notes of any kind
- Aid, or attempt to aid, another candidate
- Obtain, or attempt to obtain, aid from another candidate
- Communicate, or attempt to communicate, in any way, with another candidate
- A candidate shall, in all matters relative to the examination, submit to, and obey, the directions of the Superintendent (Supervisor).
- A candidate should raise his/her hand if he/she wishes to attract the attention of the Superintendent during the examination.
- A candidate may not be permitted to leave the hall and return during the examination period unless the Superintendent is satisfied that the candidate’s need to leave the hall is genuine.
- The use of calculators is allowed in all examinations, subject to the following:
- The proper working condition of the calculator is the responsibility of the candidate
- Calculators may not be borrowed from other candidates during the examination.
- Candidates must indicate on their answerbooks the make and model of any calculator(s) used in the examination.
- Candidates are not allowed to take an instruction manual into the examination hall. This includes instructions printed on the cover.
This rule does not allow a candidate to bring into the examination centre any device that would be otherwise prohibited. In particular, mobile phones, electronic organisers or similar devices are not permitted under any circumstances.
- A candidate may be expelled from the examination hall if his/her behaviour is such as to jeopardise the successful conduct of the examination.
- Make sure you write on EVERY sheet of paper you submit.
- your name,
- the schools name and
- the schools address
- The Examination Paper must be submitted along with your scripts.
- Only when your script has been handed up are you allowed to take out books for studying your next exam.
- Make sure you have everything you need – refill pad, biros, pencils, maths set, calculator, eraser, ruler etc. The borrowing of anything is not permitted.
- Bags are not permitted in the exam centres.
- Drinks: You are allowed to bring in a SMALL bottle of water, nothing else.